Discover our unique approach to helping raise capital… in a way that is best for your company.MORE
Strategic advisors to more than 1.2 billion in early-stage and middle-market transactions. Angel capital investments, leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations.
For the Early-Stage Entrepreneur
• We love bringing capital to start-ups;
• We work with the entrepreneur on building out a highly detailed business model;
• We agonize over the cash flow statement projections in order to bring in the right amount;
• We are pro-entrepreneur at this stage, maximizing his or her ownership; and
The best part, some clients have said, is that we know how to bring cash into start-ups from the brands to avoid costly dilution from an institutional venture capital round
For the Acquirer of Companies:
• One of our strengths, since the mid-1970s when we did our first one, is the leveraged buyout;
• We are particularly skilled at “David and Goliath” deals; i.e., where an individual or a small business buys a much larger enterprise using mostly (and in some cases, all) debt;
• We assiduously fight against having the entrepreneur sign personal guarantees; and
• We bring multiple offers for debt to the entrepreneur and we work with him or her on analyzing them and negotiating for improvement in terms from the lenders.
• Let’s say you have built a company to revenues of $20 million or more and decent EBITDA, but along the way, your personal equity in the company has been squeezed;
• This could be because of an expensive round of venture capital or your company made an acquisition using stock that diluted your ownership even more;
• You want to recapitalize and do so in a manner that takes out the early investors and triples or quadruples your ownership stake;
• This is something we do very well; and we do it very well because we know the appetites of hundreds of private equity funds and mezzanine lenders.
Companies in Distress:
• We excel at assisting the owners and managers turn things around when they are about to go over a cliff, or when they have fallen on very hard times;
• In one instance, we helped a company go into Chapter 11 to avoid the pressures placed on it by creditors and while in Chapter 11, it made an acquisition that brought it out—we arranged the financing – which tripled its revenues and brought it into positive cash flow;
• Its stock began trading on the New York Stock Exchange within a couple of years thereafter;
• Distressed situations do not frighten us and we bring fresh ideas, close cooperation and creative sources of capital to companies that are in trouble.
- Unique approach to capitalization
- Small, nimble and attentive
- Broad sector bandwidth
- People are key
353 COMPANIES SERVED
216 COFFEES A WEEK
1.2B IN FINANCINGS
43 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS
32 BOOKS WRITTEN